- If you are unsure of anything, please check with your surgeon or the clinical team.
- Generally, it is better to keep the wound from being fully submerged in water (for example in a bath), for 6 weeks from the surgery date.
- You will generally be able to shower from 1 week after the surgery, ensuring that you do not get the wound wet for too long, and you take care of it in the shower.
- This means, for example, not having a long hot shower during the first 6 weeks, and not washing the area of the wound in a way that disturbs the healing skin.
- Pat yourself dry after your shower, avoiding the wound and certainly do not rubbing the wound dry by passing the towel over it.