- You will have reduced reaction time straight after surgery, and are unable to drive home on your own.
- Also, you don’t want to risk any aggressive movements such as stretching that may be required in operating the motor vehicle during the first month after surgery.
- If you are on any pain medication your driving ability and reaction time may be lowered.
- You should seek the permission of your surgeon before you return to driving.
- There may even be implications for your car insurance if you do not follow the advice of the surgeon and end up in a minor accident.