- Before the operation, you are not supposed to take aspirin.
- It is recommended to stop taking the contraceptive pill 1 month before surgery.
- You will have to stop eating, drinking and smoking 6 hours before the operation.
- You will see your surgeon before going to the theatre and have time to ask them anything you may have forgotten to ask.
- Your surgeon will ask you to sign a consent form, where all the possible risks are mentioned. He will then do some markings on your skin and take some before photographs (they will stay in your file and are totally confidential)
- You will meet your anaesthetist and you are free to ask them any questions you may have before being shown into the surgical theatre.
- Your operation takes less than one hour.